blonde_bun_runner

blonde_bun_runner
"Head up, wings out"--Oiselle

Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A few of my favorite running things

One of the things that make running so much fun is all the awesome and cute gear that comes with it(at least for me anyway) Here are a few things I'm obsessed with and use on my runs often.


Oiselle is my favorite running brand for clothing, period!  Their clothes are so freakin cute and the message the company sends with empowering women and supporting runners everywhere is one that I want to associate with. The Oiselle distance shorts have stolen my heart.  Super comfy, stylish, and way functional for "running the distance".  They do not ride up like a lot of other shorts I've ran in the past and they come with 3 pockets, two of them having zippers, so you can securely carry gels, cell phone, or car keys.  



I'm also in love with the Winona tank and the strappy bra from Oiselle. The tank is amazingly soft and wicks sweat like no other...and the bra, well is just as amazing.  Supportive and gives a colorful burst that goes great with any tank top.  


Of course I love my Cocogo hydration packs.  Check out the review I posted before this post to see what it's all about.  I plan on hydrating all summer long with this stuff.  Tastes amazing and goes down easy to keep me going on my long, sweaty runs.  Don't forget if you're wanting to buy some, use my code BLONDEBUNRUNNER at the Cocogo website and save 40% off your entire order! You won't regret it.


Which leads into my next favorite piece of running gear.  My Nathan hand-held water bottle. I'm a pretty picky person when it comes to carrying things while I'm running, but with this bottle, it makes it easy.  It has a thumb hole, so you can carry it without it sliding around in your hand and a functional zip pocket in the front to store gels, keys, cell phone, or whatever you want!


I'm a huge fan of the Vega line.  After a run lasting longer than 90 minutes, I use the accelerator within 30 minutes of my run.  The nutritional shake I use almost every day, especially when I don't have time for breakfast.  And then the performance protein after every single run.  It's packed with protein and BCAA's which help me recover in between workouts.  All this stuff keeps me going and helps me stay injury free and healthy.


Ah, my Brooks Glycerins.  These shoes have been SO good to me over the years.  They are the perfect neutral running shoe for me.  I've tried so many different brands and styles and these are my "sole mate".  The new Glycerin 12's are coming in July and I will be first in line to buy them.  

What are some of your running faves?  

3 comments:

  1. What does the acceler help with exactly? Usually I stick with chews and water for runs... I'm scared to introduce something new, but I'm trying to get faster in longer runs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It aides in recover after your run so you aren't as sore and it helps keep inflammation down :)

      Delete
  2. I'm obsessed with the strappy bra myself. I need to have it in all the colors, and then have some sick abs so I can run shirtless all day e'eryday. Hah.

    ReplyDelete