blonde_bun_runner

blonde_bun_runner
"Head up, wings out"--Oiselle

Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Where do you find inspiration?

What gets you to lace up your shoes everyday....
 
 
Each day we have a choice.  Either we run or we don't.  So what is it that gets us out the door or on the treadmill? 
 
 


For me, it's just a normal part of my day like getting up and brushing my teeth.  If I DON'T run, I don't feel normal.  Some days it's easier than others but I make sure to surround myself with inspiring, positive things.  One of the reasons I love Instagram!  All I have to do is open up the app and my screen is flooded with inspiring posts and images of other runners going out there and running their hearts out. 

With every accomplishment or goal, opens another door of possibility.  My next goal is to Boston Qualify in a marathon.  I'm running a marathon on May 31st, but I'm using it as a "test" to see what my strengths and weaknesses are so I have an idea on how to train this summer for my marathon this fall.  I know it's not going to be easy to maintain an 8:12 pace for 26.2 miles, but I know that if I train hard and believe in myself, anything is within my reach.


And that's really what it's all about....BELIEVING in yourself.  Even in your most difficult moments.  When things are dark and you're not sure how to keep going, search deep inside of yourself and push through it.  For years I told myself that I couldn't run marathons and I've done one and even went beyond the marathon and finished an ultra.  A negative mind will not take you anywhere amazing.  When I lace up my running shoes, my "normal" life is replaced by dreams, hope, and possibility.  That's what inspires me.  If you look for inspiration, you will find it.  Just open your eyes to things you think are not possible...because they really can be.  Be your own inspiration and then reach out to others and help them.  It's a beautiful cycle. 




Sacrifice, commitment, tears, and tenacity always prevails.  It may take weeks, months, even years, but it's always worth it.  So where do you find inspiration?  Is it a goal or dream?  Family, friends, or looking in the mirror and wanting a change?  Whatever it is, let it fuel you...let it feed your passion to get up out of bed and hit the pavement at 5am.  Use it to get you to whatever finish line you're chasing and then to the start line of the next goal. 








8 comments:

  1. I've been loving your blog/Instagram as a means of inspiration for my first marathon! Thank you from this runner in Maine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! You're so so right. For the longest time I didn't think I could become a "runner" because I was always told I was short and runners aren't short and blah blah blah. It ruined my confidence as a kid so I never bothered to try. Luckily I got back that confidence as an adult!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So awesome, girl!!! Keep on killing the miles!

      Delete
  3. I always think about how much better I feel after a run, even a short one. Especially after clocking some long hours studying, I find that sometimes the best thing to do is get out and run a mile to release my mind (it seems like it helps me retain more information!). I'm running three half marathons this summer (June, August, and September) and I'm hoping that the year after I graduate from nursing school I can start training for a marathon. BQing is the ultimate goal!

    Thanks for being a source of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes I always feel better after a run too!

      Delete
  4. I'm excited to get back to the feeling where I'm proud and not upset about my runs! The only way to get to the goal is to fight for it right?! WOO!

    ReplyDelete